How to Care
For bedding products
To preserve their integrity, NakedLab bamboo sheets do best when washed in cold water. Please keep these tips in mind as you wash your sheets:
● Never use any products that contain bleaching agents, optical brighteners or fabric softeners. These products will break down the composition of the bamboo fabric or remove the dye colour and impact the durability of your sheets.
● Keep your bamboo sheets in optimal condition by washing them alone so they don’t mingle with rough fabrics that can snag the material.
● If possible, line-dry your sheets with natural sunlight, or you can safely tumble dry them using the cool, delicate setting.
● As our fabric is all-natural and not treated with any chemicals, it may experience slight pilling during initial use in response to friction, however this is removable or can be reduced through the washing and drying process.
● Try to use eco-friendly laundry detergent to minimise the impact of laundry chemicals on our environment.
First and foremost you need to weigh a few things. Washing your comforter at home is possible, but will require time and skill. We highly recommend bringing it to professionals for cleaning.
● Put your duvet in the washing machine making extra sure it's not crumpled or folded up. You need it spread out as much as possible. Throw in the tennis balls with socks covering them. Not only will this prevent the bamboo fluff from bunching up, but it will also help remove some of the oil and sweat from the comforter.
● Add in a small amount of detergent, we recommend something natural and not too harsh. No bleach.Wash on gentle/delicate with warm water. When it's done, check to see if there is any remaining soap. If there is, give it another rinse cycle. You don't want any soap remaining on the comforter.
● Drying it right is critical to the success of this operation. No you don't need to be so careful as to hold it under a hand dryer but still be careful here.
● Gently remove the duvet from the washing machine and put it in your (hopefully) large dryer. Take care to spread it out, making sure it isn't clumped up or tangled.
● Add in a fabric softener dryer sheet if you like. Add in the sock-tennis balls. The beating action will prevent clumping and keep the silky fluff evenly dispersed.
● Set the dryer on your lowest heat setting and turn it on. Do not set and forget, it's going to take a while so keep and eye on it. Every half hour check on it and untangle it. After it's dry or nearly dry, hang it out in the sun or in a dry area in your home for a bit.